Hello, the next army for Gruntz that I am working on is a Commonwealth Naval force. It weighs in at 499 points. I will not bore you by listing all the damage and soak etc. It is designed to be a mid tech level groundpounding army, ideally suited to intervening in anti piracy campaigns, and mining outpost defense situations. As such it is fitting that it should first battle the Rim Defectionist, house Portacollis raiding party.
The army is 80% finished at this point, I only need to finish 24 infantry grunts, a commander figure, and 2 specialist mecha figures( fenrir battle armor suits from mechwarrior). Once done I will finish a little alien Flora and have my first battle of Gruntz.
Details of the Commonwealth Naval 571st expeditionary brigade.
1) commander/56pts/ light power armor,power fist,medium grenade launcher. perkz- higher modz and jump pack
2) 2 specialist mecha each armed with medium mortar/2x15=30pts/
3) 6 identical squads of marines../6x15=90pts/projectile rifles,medium armor,HE and AP grenades,cutlasses
and geardo perk
4) 3 identical GSV medium APC's, wheeled 2 transport slots. light projectile dam 16/3x28=84pts/
5) 3 identical anti tank specialist heavy laser dam 6 Perk melt away. /3x11=33pts/
these models are towed gun carriages to be towed behind each APC. I paid for wheeled mobility when creating , so as not to use up a transport slot on the APC.
6) 3 wheeled light tanks(total 106 points) all speed 8, dam 18 soak 16, one is armed with 2 light plasma, one is armed with a light missile pod, and the last one is armed with 2 light missile pods
7) a tracked medium tank dam 22 soak17 speed 7 with 2 medium lasers and skill 5/ 43 points/
8) a tracked heavy tank dam26 soak 18 speed 6 with 2 medium plasma and 1 medium missile pod skill5
primary battle plan is to have 3 APCs advance on objectives each carrying 2 squads of marines and towing an AT heavy laser. Each APC will have a light tank attached as an escort.
the medium tank will work independently(paired up with a specialist mecha fire support)
the heavy tank will work independently(paired up with the other specialist mecha)
the commander will flit about with his jump pack trying to help without getting KIA
will post some pics soon, as all the vehicles are done